Tuya dimmer switch support

Hi there,

Does anyone know if the Tuya dimmer switch is supported via Tuya Account?

I have added a 0-10V dimmer to the Tuya SmartLife app, is working, but doesn’t appear in Nymea.

Logs only show the existing switches and not the newly added one.

Regards,

André

Hi André,

if you cannot see it in the logs, I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do… Tuya does not officially allow 3rd parties to interact with their cloud, they only have a very minimalistic piece of code to export the simplest switches. I think it has been created by the community at some point with some special agreement with Tuya, but it doesn’t seem like it’s being maintained and Tuya also imposed very restrictive limits on how often one can call that API.

That said, tuya devices also seem have been hacked so the user can somehow extract a key from them and then communicate offline with those devices. So far noone found the time to implement support for that in nymea though.

I suppose your best bet would be to flash tasmota (or something similar) on it. I believe nowadays they’ve figured out how to flash them via WiFi again without having to solder a serial port connector on the chip any more, but it’s been a while since I last played with Tuya devices.

Will check if it can be flashed using Tuya-Convert.
Thanks!