Strange behaviour after irrigation ends

I use nymea for my pond and there is some strange behaviour when using the watering for x minutes option.

After the time has passed the watering is turned of, but also my powersockets via GPIO (8ch relay) are turned off.

Luckily I have a control script, that turns on the pumps and air, but otherwise all things where turned off.

Is this some kind of bug?

Regards,

André

Hi @Foenky :slight_smile:

This does sound like a bug indeed. Let me explain you how it works, so we can track it down better:
When you press the button “water for x minutes” then the app will turn on the irrigation and at the same time create a rule which will turn it off at the desired time. So, while it’s watering, you should be able to open the “Magic” page and see a rule there which will turn it off. Perhaps something goes wrong when generting the rule. Can you check it and maybe send a screenshot of that rule so we can see what exactly it does?

Hi Michael,

There is a magic rule generated and it turns of all powered things, if I read it correctly.

Hereby the screenshot:

Regards,

André

Indeed, so yes, that’s a bug… Need to look into it.

1 Like

Most of the time I have a schedule for refreshing the water in the pond, but sometimes I will do some extra manual refreshing.

Happy we found this one, because I thought the system turned off the power randomly, but it was me refreshing manually.

Regards,

André

1 Like

Found the bug, fixed it. It’s building. The next beta version of the app (1.3.6) should have the fix, it will be released to stable with the 1.4 release.

Thanks for the report.

1 Like