Shelly 1l register as thing

Hi,
how do i get the new Shelly 1L registered as thing?

Hmm… I’m afraid that one isn’t supported yet… should be rather easy to add it tho… From an API point of view it seems to be identical to the Shelly1PM: https://shelly-api-docs.shelly.cloud/#shelly1l-mqtt

I think I can add that for 0.25 still

1 Like

Done. Should be in the next experimental build.

Please note that I could not test this due to the lack of this particular device. However, like 99% of the code is shared with the Shelly 1PM so I’m confident it should work… Please do report back once you have tested it.

1 Like

When will the experimental version be available?

Should be ready by now, no?

This is the one I have installed

Same version as I have… should be in there… Just to make sure… you did restart nymea after upgrading the plugin? Right now there’s still a bit of an issue that it doesn’t automatically reload updated plugins if an update only updates the plugins but not nymead itself.

I did not restart but I will.

Still nothing after restart of nymea core. Do I have to reboot?

Nope. Does not help.
any other plug in to update?

But it now tells me that the plug in is not loaded.

Now I updated everything.
It works now.

But zigbee does not work anymore. Plug in is not loaded.

Right. The ZigBee plug-in has gone now. See this thread for information on that:

I have the zigbee plugin installed but it says

Dec 3 19:00:57 localhost nymead[426]: #033[33m W | nymea.mqtt.server: Rejecting connection due to user validation.#033[0m
Dec 3 19:01:00 localhost ModemManager[352]: [device /sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2] creating modem with plugin ‘Generic’ and ‘1’ ports
Dec 3 19:01:00 localhost ModemManager[352]: Could not grab port (tty/ttyACM0): ‘Cannot add port ‘tty/ttyACM0’, unhandled serial type’
Dec 3 19:01:00 localhost ModemManager[352]: Couldn’t create modem for device ‘/sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.2’: Failed to find primary AT port

Those logs don’t contain anything from the ZigBee plugin. Anyhow, if you’ve upgrade libnymea-zigbee, that plugin won’t work any more… Again, please see the ZigBee announcement post.

So the Shelly 1L is working properly now?

Yes. The Shelly is working.

And Oh i didn’t see the second post on the zigbee post.
I am doing the zigbee stuff now. (and it works)

And for your interest - my scenario is working now.
With some magic the shelly 1l is switching a connected bulb and another light via zigbee.
I am happy :smile:

2 Likes