SG Ready states

Hi,
I think the naming of the different SG Ready states in nymea is somewhat missleading.

There are four states:
Operating mode 1
switch status 1:0
This operating status is downward compatible with the energy provider block that is frequently activated at specific times and consists of a maximum ‘hard’ blocking period of 2 hours.
Nymea currently: Off
Suggestion: Low

Operating mode 2
switch status 0:0
In this switching operation, the heat pump runs in energy-efficient standard operation with proportional filling of the heat storage tank for the maximum energy provider blocking period of two hours.
Nymea currently: Low
Suggestion: Standard

Operating mode 3
switch status0:1:
In this operating status, the heat pump runs within the controller in boost mode for space heating and hot water production. This does not involve a definitive start-up command, but a switch-on recommendation corresponding to the increase on the day in question.
Nymea currently: Standard
Suggestion: Increased

Operating mode 4
switch status 1:1:
This involves a definitive start-up command, provided that this is possible within the scope of the control settings.
Nymea currently: High
Suggestion: High

The most misleading part in my opinion is that Mode 3 is named “Standard” in nymea, while it gives the heatpump the suggestion to increase its power. Standard should bei 0:0 (e.g. none of the conntacts is tied high) this means your Low state should actually be named Standard.
This is particulary important as the sgready plugin uses mode 3 (Standard in nymea terms) as the default value. This means the plugin gets the heatpump in increased mode by default, which is not what you want. See nymea-plugins/sgreadyinterface.cpp at master · nymea/nymea-plugins · GitHub

I might got something wrong when it comes to the SG Ready definitions but I think Mode 2 should be the default. Happy to hear your opinion.

You are right, this should be changed overall in the system. A PR would be nice if you are using this code :slight_smile:
I thought it might even be better to create a uint [1,4] so the SG mode can be shown in a graph and the name is not relevant any more (also regarding translations and stuff). It also seems to me that different manufacturers seem to interpret the mode differently. In addition, the SG mode is not intended to be used by any user directly, so I have not put that much thought in it.