Sc500w-v2 loratap curtain/blind switch

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to flash this curtain switch, so I’m left with TuyaSmart…

Luckily there is a plug-in that connects to the Tuya cloud and let you control these switches. Not my preferred way of controlling things, but hey what else can I do when flashing to tasmota fails for some strange reason.

Installation all went well and Nymea is connected to the tuya cloud and the two switches appear in nymea. Totally happy now!

Until … lowering one off the blinds and no action on the switch. Tried it via TuyaSmart and everything works ok.

Any ideas? Do I have to manually allow some service or something?

Thanks again!

Regards,

André

Hi André ,

right, I had implemented that Tuya plugin only having a Tuya smart plug. So I added the curtain functionality blindly without having a device to actually test it. Seems I made a mistake there. I’m on my way to bed right now but I’ll look at this asap.

In the meantime, you can help me with doing the following:

Go the system settings, developer tools and enable the debug interface. From there you’ll get into a webinterface where you’ll find a Logs tab. In there, enable the the logs for the Tuya plugin. Then reproduce the issue and send me the logs please.

There shouldn’t be any passwords or tokens in the logs, but if you care about privacy, feel free to PM me the logs instead of posting them here.

Regards,
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Great to hear that you never had the change to test the curtain switches. So we know it can work.

I did enable the logging for Tuya and here are the results:

I | Tuya: “Tuya cloud login” Updating child devices
I | Tuya: Devices fetched
I | Tuya: Found existing Tuya cover “Zonnescherm” “ID” “Zonnescherm” online
I | Tuya: Found existing Tuya cover “Rolluik” “ID” “Rolluik” online
W | WebServer: Webinterface folder “//usr//share//nymea-webinterface//public//” does not exist.
W | WebServer: Webinterface folder “//usr//share//nymea-webinterface//public//” does not exist.
I | Tuya: “Zonnescherm” Controlling Tuya switch. Parent: “Tuya cloud login” command: “turnOnOff” value: “1”
W | Tuya: Json parser error in control switch reply “illegal value” “INVAILD_REQUEST_3”
I | Tuya: “Zonnescherm” Controlling Tuya switch. Parent: “Tuya cloud login” command: “startStop” value: “0”
W | Tuya: Json parser error in control switch reply “illegal value” “INVAILD_REQUEST_3”
I | Tuya: “Zonnescherm” Controlling Tuya switch. Parent: “Tuya cloud login” command: “turnOnOff” value: “0”
I | Tuya: “Zonnescherm” Controlling Tuya switch. Parent: “Tuya cloud login” command: “startStop” value: “0”

Actions I executed: Up,Stop, Down, Stop

Hope this helps.

Regards,

André

1 Like

Thanks for the logs. It has been helpful. I have looked into the plugin code and indeed found an issue.

Could you please go to app settings, system updates. In there you’ll find a settings button in the upper right corner where you can enable the testing repository (don’t enable experimental). After that you should get updates for the plugins. Once that’s done, restart nymea and if all goes well it should be working now.

Please let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the udate!

Enabled the test repository and updated nymea.
Both Tuya curtain switches are working now!

Thanks!

Regards,

André

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot for the feedback.

The fix will be included in the next stable release.

You probably want to disable the testing repository again now. It won’t downgrade your system and will continue to use the stable upgrade path then.

1 Like

Hi Foenky, which method did you use to flash, GPIO with raspberryPi or the USB-to-serial?

Hi Bojan,

I tried flashing with the usb to serial. That didn’t work for me.

Regards,

André