Please add meek devices

please add meek devices like sonoff

https://www.meek-ha.com](https://www.meek-ha.com/

Hi chris,

Interesting. I browsed the website for a bit and it seems those things talk MQTT. You can probably get it working to some extend already if you configure the device to connect to nymea’s MQTT broker and then use the mqtt-client plugin to subscribe to the same topics. It won’t appear as switch in the ui, but there should be input events and output events available then to fire MQTT messages to the switch.

What I am wondering… After having used the Sonoff Touch which looks very similar to the Meek, I am really disliking “touch” switches now. The Sonoff is just a huuge pain to use, it requires point and click for like 5 seconds every time you want to switch a light. That’s unusable. Are the Meek devices any better there? I.e. how big is the touch sensing surface? It’s the entire surface of the switch or just a tiny piece where the circles are painted like it is with Sonoff?

Sadly they seem to be all sold out on their store atm except the 3 way ones.

The Sonoff is just a huuge pain to use, it requires point and click for like 5 seconds every time you want to switch a light. That’s unusable.

That’s because tasmota lets you set different things if you press the button
multiple times. You could disable this feature by issuing the command “setoption13 1”

about the meek, I first ordered one today, I’ll let you know.

Ok, cool, if you’re in the mood of helping me to figure out details about his, I’m sure we can get it supported, it’s MQTT after all and we support that already.

I did already play with the setoption stuff at some point but it only improved marginally… I’ll the the “13 1” as you suggested. Thanks.

I did order a Tuya device which has the same chip in it but actual hardware buttons but stupid me connected the official app and it upgraded to a firmware where I can’t OTA tasmota on it any more. Now I need to unpack the soldering iron to get tasmota on it.