Pi Zero 2 W which image? (bullseye not connecting, buster wrong password)

Hi,

I’m trying to get berrylan/nymea working on my Raspberry Pi W2.

The image berrylan-image-raspbian-buster-2022-04-14.zip is detected and setup by the BerryLan app as expected. But I’d like to have the nymea tools pre-installed (*) for later development, and none of the nymea images that I downloaded here are working for me.

The nymea-core-image-raspios.bullseye.* images are booting without errors, but the app isn’t detecting the Pi.

The nymea-core-image-raspbian-buster.* images are detected and setup by the app, but I can’t login: the credentials user “pi” password “raspberry” don’t work!

So to help me out:

• what’s the login for the buster images?
  • why aren’t the bullseye images working on my Pi Zero W 2? Is it something with the armhf(v6/v7) architecture?

Best regards,
Vic

Hi. The berrylan images are plain raspios images with nymea-networkmanager preinstalled. Hence the login is the raspberry default of user “pi” and password “raspberry”.
The nymea images instead have some more modifications, including a user named “nymea” with a default password of “nymea”.

As to why it wouldn’t work, it should. Everything is built for the armv6 architecture with hard-float extensions as the pi zero uses. We did test the images before the release (albeit on a pi Zero (1) W) so atm im not sure what may be wrong with it.

Did you also try setting it up with nymea:app or only with berrylan? (Both should work)

Hi,

thanks for the password!

I believe I also tried the nymea:app to connect to the bullseye image (I tried lots of combinations, so I don’t remember in detail).

Are there logfiles that you’d like to have a look at to see what’s happening?

Best regards,
Vic

Hi,
I retried connecting to the latest bullseye nymea image. At first there was no response (I really waited quite long, disabling and re-enabling bluetooth a couple of times to see if that would help!) and then I changed a setting on my phone, disabling energy saving (Sony Stamina), upon which the connection suddenly came up!
Very strange, because with the buster images, I had no problem, even with Stamina enabled on my phone… Bluetooth is black magic :frowning:
Best regards,
Vic

That!

Also I noticed, on Android sometimes I have to disable and reenable Bluetooth for it to find anything. On rare occasions even reboot the phone.