Philips Hue Motion Sensor

Hey everyone, i wonder if anyone struggles with this following issue as well:

My motion sensor is kinda refreshing too slow so when i leave my house and after a couple of minutes, the “last seen” status is still hours ago and the sensor still marks as present. Can this interval somehow be ajusted?
Thanks for any replies!

Deimos

Hey, yes, the interval can be adjusted, but it should default to 5 minutes…

You can find the setting when opening the top right menu while the sensor status is shown and go to settings.

However, what you describe doesn’t only sound like a bad setting… You can check the logs by going to system settings -> developer tools -> enable debug interface and opening it from there… go to the rightmost tab and enable more debug logs for PhilipsHue.

Perhaps you can find something out of order. Let me know in that case.

Thanks for your fast reply!
In fact i found something strange in the logs:

I | PhilipsHue: Discover bridge devices QHostAddress(“192.168.1.103”)
I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “PHDL00”
I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “HUELABSENUM”
I | PhilipsHue: Discover bridge devices QHostAddress(“192.168.1.103”)
I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “PHDL00”
I | PhilipsHue: Motion sensor restarting timeout 119991000

Seems like the motion sensor is stuck somehow

indeed, looks like a not initialized value…

I’ll look into this. It should help if you change the timeout setting for now…

1 Like

Just found one bug… if nymea is restarted while the sensor reports a person present, it will keep reporting presence until someone enters and leaves again next time. fixed that now…

Still can’t see why your setting isn’t initialized properly… will keep on digging…

do’h! found it! :see_no_evil:

it converted seconds to milliseconds twice… so the interval is a factor of 1000 too big…

Okay hmm i’m not sure if i understand :smiley:
You made seconds to milliseconds twice, so 1 second is adjusted as 1000000 ms?

yeah… testing the fix atm… will let you know when it’s ready for you to test

1 Like

Ok… The fix is here:

Will be build in the testing repository soon and included in the next release.

Thanks for reporting.

Thank you @mzanetti!
Just one question: i’ve never done anything with github, can i simply ad/remove/modify the lines on the files itself?

If you are not experienced with development I’d suggest you wait for a few hours and then update to the testing repository.

You’ll find that in the app in system-settings -> updates -> settings (icon on the upper right) and check the “testing”.

The fix is already in the experimental repository, but I’d not suggest to enable that unless you’re up for the really experimental stuff and might need to reinstall or similar…

I think i already enabled the experimental and the testing repository to make the bridge browsable (for the hue scenes). I’ll wait a few a hours and check for any updates. Thank you so far!

right… currently the experimental repository is in a reasonable good state… however, it might not always be… once the features/fixes you need are released to stable, I’d recommend to disable the experimental repository again.

Anyhow, if you’ve enabled experimental already, the fix should be ready for you to update now…

Oh yes i have already installed the 202004011615, but the problem seems not to be solved so far. Maybe i should reinstall the motion sensor

That was when i last rebooted the core

In some circumstances, when only plugins are updated, it requires a manual restart for now… (We’re working on dynamic plugin loading). Can you try that please.

1 Like

Maybe that worked. At least i’m not present anymore since i’m not home right now :slight_smile:

haha, ok. so that means you got the latest code and the issue about it getting stuck on restarts is fixed. Let’s see if I did a good job on the timeout fix too :smiley:

thanks for testing the pre-release and with that helping us to make sure it’s done properly by the time it reaches the stable release.

Thank you for your support and for your awesome work!

Just wanted to let you know that i came home and the motion updating now works perfect, now i can use all my magic i prepared for this one :smiley:

2 Likes