Just in time for the holidays, we’re ready with the next update, and it’s a big one!
The biggest news is the complete overhaul of the entire energy system. This will now provide a detailed overview of where your energy comes from and where it goes to. Depending on the availability of solar inverters or consumer meters, nymea will generate extensive statistics about all of it. Note that this will require the installation of nymea-experience-plugin-energy, but the app should guide you to that so that would be a matter of 2 clicks if using a dpkg based installation (like the official community image).
But that’s not all, given it was a relatively long development cycle of 3 months (we want to return to shorter cycles again for future releases, let’s see how that works ) there obviously has been a rather big amount of changes all over the place. Many views in the app have been improved/modernized and small fixes and optimizations have been added here and there.
Another nice one is more work on ZigBee. The ZigBee settings will now be easier to use, and they will also match the “Thing” to the ZigBee node and allow renaming right in place. This should make setting a ZigBee Network much less painful. Along with that, you can now specify the ZigBee channel to be used when setting up a new ZigBee network. This may be useful to force the network to channel 25 if all the others are stuffed by WiFi signals already, or - if you use multiple ZigBee networks - make sure they won’t interfere.
Moving on to the integrations support. We’ve added new support for SG-Ready heat pumps, the TP-Link Kasa KP115, ZigBee spec compliant motion sensors like the Lidl/Silvercrest motion sensor (but really any that follows the ZigBee spec should work), the Hue Wall Switch module (directly via ZigBee, via Hue Bridge it was already supported before), the JUNG ZigBee ZLL5004 wall switch, myStrom smart plugs, the mecMeter energy meter, the INA219 DC 48V energy meter (yes! The energy stuff will also work in your Van/RV on 12V batteries and island-solar panels with this), the Shelly Vintage light bulb and Alpha-Innotec heat pumps. @hiflyer also contributed a very nice plugin for the Garadget garage door controller. Of course, many plugins also got fixes and smaller improvements. For instance, the manufacturer specific commands for Hue devices are now supported in the Hue ZigBee plugin so all the Hue feature are supported now.
Also, we’ve added Ubuntu 21.10 to the supported platforms, while removing the now end of life Ubuntu 20.10.
We wish everyone all the best for the upcoming holidays for those who celebrate it and a good time for anyone else. Enjoy the release!
Here’s the full changelog:
- Complete overhaul of everything energy related
- Improve ZigBee settings
- Modernize various thing pages
- Add support for dynamic min/max values for states
- Add support for water level sensors
- Fixes and optimizations for connection establishment and loading
- Fix UPnP discovery on iOS
- Fix reconfiguration of discovered things
- Add energystorage interface
- Add support for dynamic min/max state values
- Add heat pump interfaces
- Add water level sensor interface
- Add charging state to evcharger interface
- Add api to set the zigbee channel during network setup
- Add min charging current to the electricvehicle interface
- Add phase count and session energy state to the evcharger interface
- Change upgrade restart logic to also work on plugins and libs
- Add unit ohm
- Close log db if initialisation fails and discard entries.
- Add flag handling methods for the JSON RPC handler.
- Add more “by name” thing methods and c++11 list_initializers for
- Add a providedInterfaces property to thingClass
- Remove cloud push notifications
- Fix dependency to libnymea-dev for nymea-sdk
- Fix a double-free when shutting down the python engine.
- ZigbeePhilipsHue: Use manufacturer specific remote commands
- Bump urllib3 from 1.26.3 to 1.26.5 in /yamahaavr
- Keba: set limit for charging current and update to new interface
- goECharger: set limit for charging current and update to new
- New Plugin: SG-Ready heat pump based on GPIOs interface
- New Plugin: Simple heat pump
- GenericThings: Update generic SG-Ready thing and add heat pump
- Generic things: Add a generic water level sensor
- TP-Link Kasa: Add support for the KP115 switch
- ZigbeeGeneric: Add zigbee presence sensors support
- ZigbeeHue: Add support for the Hue Wallswitch Module
- GenericThings: add minimal charging current for generic car.
- Move simulation plugin to nymea-plugins-simulation repository
- New plugin: Garadget
- I2CDevices: Add support for the INA219 energy meter
- New Plugin: Zigbee remotes (currently supporting the JUNG ZLL 5004)
- Fronius: Update to latest interface requirements and add
- Hue: Add new providedInterfaces property with light and powersocket
- Update to libnymea-gpio changes
- New Plugin: myStrom
- New Plugin: mec electronics
- Keba: Update discovery mechanism
- Shelly: Remove adaptive filtering
- Shelly: Add support for the shelly vintage bulb
- Nuki: Fix bad if clause guards
- Osdomotics: Fix a crash if the plugin fails to load
- Add simulated battery
- Inverter hours offset param
- Import simulations from nymea-plugins
- Update simulated evcharger to new interface states
- EnergySimulation: Add heatpump simulations
- EnergySimulation: Introduce stove daily usage simulation for cooking
- EnergySimulation: Remove adative filters for power
- Fix totals for energy calculation
- Update to new energystorage interface
- New plugin: Alpha Innotec heat pumps
- SunSpec: Fix energy values for solar edge battery
- Update wallbox interface states
- EnergyMeters: Refactor using modbus tools
- Unipi: Update unipi to libnymea-gpio changes
- Add modbus class generator tools
- WebastoLive: Add modbus registers doc PDF
- Add manufacturer specific Philips cluster
- Add support for IAS Zone enrollment
- Add a clear method to channel mask
- Print node manufacturer code
- Remove a duplicate debug print and fix some typos
- More work on OnOff, LevelControl and ScenesCluster
- Replace GpioMonitor implementation with libnymeas version.
- Configure AP mode to autoconnect so it comes back up after reboot
- Drop manual dbg package
- Add support for Ubuntu 21.10
- Add nymea energy experience plugin