I rebuilt my system from scratch: removed all devices from ZigBee network, reset the ZigBee controller (ConBee II), restarted nymea:core with a freshly downloaded image for the Raspberry Pi.
Surprise one: many of the devices I had manually removed from the ZigBee net reattached themselves as soon as the network was up again and open for new devices. In some cases, this was not so useful as I could not tell one sensor from the other, so I did not know which sensor was in which room. I should have noted the device ids before shutting down the system.
Surprise two, and this is the issue of this thread: I now see two devices which used to be tagged as routers which are now shown as end devices.
One is a philips power plug (phMusik). I just added another plug of the same make and it’s shown as a router.
The other is a GLEDOPTO LED strip. It, too, used to be shown as a router and now it’s not.
In the former incarnation of my system, in the network map the devices were correctly shown. Now, they appear as end devices and I have some end devices for which there is no path to nymea shown even when they’re connected and active.
This is the network map:
or this, with another node selected