Generic GRBW2 light

Hello all,

I have been using Nymea for a some time as my main smart-device manager and I love how it works seamlessly with many devices.

However, I own one device I have not been able to set up yet. I have a Tasmota device with an RGBW2 ledstrip and a temperature/pressure/humidity sensor added to it.
Using MQTT, I can extract the sensor information, which works nicely. In addition, I can add the light as a dimmer using the Tasmota plugin.

However, I want to control the different colours/colour temperatures of the ledstrip. As the Tasmota plugin only supports dimming, I was wondering if there is a way to add a Generic GRBW2 light, so I can use MQTT commands to control the ledstrip. I did see that “colorlight” is a defined interface, but there is no way to add it as an individual light.

Do you think it is possible to create this kind of light, or is the only method to get this working to create a plugin for it? Otherwise, I will have to dive into creating plugins :wink:

Thanks and kind regards,
Tom

Hi, I’ve just added this:

It should be in experimental soon and will probably make it into the next release (We’re actually already slightly past feature freeze but this seems resonably low risk).

Nevertheless, I’d welcome you to join the dev club. In fact, the Tasmota plugin could use some community love :slight_smile:
That one should support this natively without making the user fiddling with scripts and generic things.
If you want to give it a go, don’t hesitate to ask for help if you’re stuck somewhere.

Thank you very much for the quick response and addition of the feature! After some MQTT magic, the lights work perfectly now!

I will give the plugin development a go, I still want to add my Ikea bulb (the E27 CWS opal 600lm) to the tradfri zigbee plugin. Then, I also can take a look at the Tasmota plugin. I will have to brush up on my C++, since i have not used that in quite a while, so don’t expect a lot yet!

Kind regards,
Tom

2 Likes