Editing mqtt actions in magic

I have create some magic where the action is to send a message over mqtt which works. The issue I am seeing is if I try to edit the existing action, when I open it, it shows True in the topic (not what I set there). true is what I set in the payload originally. It show 2 in the payload which was what the QOS value was set to. The QOS is set to the left hand end of the slider which is the number 0. Any clue why this is happening? I have checked on both my Ubuntu Nymea-app and in my Iphone Nymea-app which both show the same thing.

You’ve discovered a bug there :slight_smile:

And fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

when will that fix roll out?

It’ll be a bit until the 0.29 comes along. If you want to get the update now you can install the app from one of the experimental/beta channels.

Sorry to inform you but 0.29 did not fix my issue. It still is putting the Payload in the topic area, the QOS in the payload area, the QOS is set to 0 and the retain message is set to use static value off. This happens when I open the magic, edit action (for a internal broker command), publish to try and update the information for publishing. I am on server version 0.29.0+202108261432-focal1, json-rpc version 5.7,QT version 5.12.8 and Nymead is on Ubuntu 20.04
Nymea-app is on Ubuntu 20.04 and all is local.

Plugins installed Cloud Notifications, DateTime, GenericElements, GenericThings, mqttclient, tasmota, tuya

The above is from my Ubuntu nymea-app but I also checked on my Iphone app and it shows the same thing.

this is really irritating as I recently had to deal with a protocol change in the zwave driver and this made the integration much harder.

This was an issue in the app… It’s still not released (the fix came just at the freeze time for 0.28, so worst case timing) but it shouldn’t take long any more.

What version of the app do you use, and from what source did you install it?

I am on Ubuntu 20.04. App version 1.0.324 qt version 5.12.8

Did you install the app from snap or apt-get?

It is installed on apt-get via synaptic

Then you can activate the experimental repository and upgrade from there… We’ll be releasing the update quite soon but it might be another week or two, depending how the testing goesw.