Direct binding of Zigbee devices

Nymea 1.5 added support for direct binding of Zigbee devices and this is really helpful if you use the appropriate ones. The advantages are, that it works, even if the coordinator or Nymea is off, less delays in reaction times and of course, that this is controllable within Nymea.
I paired all my Hue Dimmers with Hue Lamps and am still able to use the button presses in Nymea for additional tasks or just to log things.
Besides no additional dimming logic needed to be created inside Nymea.
So as I just started to explore the possibilities I wonder if anybody else has experiences with direct binding of their Zigbee devices in Nymea and what devices/endpoints where possible to pair?

I’m using the bindings for a gewiss 1501 with hue lamps. Works great, everything as expected.

Also using a tradfri symfonisk with a hue bulb. It works really nicely too, especially the dimming. The one thing that’s strange though is that binding the OnOff Cluster will implicitly also bind the level control Cluster. If binding both of them explicitly (which would be the expected thing to), the remote sends all the commands twice… Not an actual problem though.

The one thing I’m really sad about is that the hue wall switch module does not support this as it only offers a single endpoint with a manufacturer specific cluster.

Ok, that is very interesting that the Hue wall switch is not providing any endpoints that can be used here.
My Hue Dimmer switches have the following endpoints bound to Hue Lamps:
On/Off (1->11)
Level Control (1->11)

Your symfonisk binding sounds interesting, but thats strange with the double binding.
I had a dimmer switch with an old existing binding to a bulb, that was not listed in Nymea. Once I bound On/Off again to the bulb, also the Level Control binding appeared, as well as a power configuration binding to the coordinator and a manufacturer specific group binding.
But it did not list the On/Off binding twice then. So the binding table was probably not read initially in this case, whereas on other devices existing bindings to the coordinator are displayed right away.

Another use case for me would be to bind motion sensors to bulbs.
So far, I did not succeed to bind a frient motion sensor pro to a hue bulb. I hoped that the occupancy sensing endpoint (34) would switch the bulb. It did not work, even though the binding gets listed. Also tried the On/Off endpoint (1) without any effect.
I will try a hue motion sensor next.

Yes… the Hue Wall Switch Module is different than the Hue Remote in its cluster definition. Actually it can be bound directly, but only one of the 2 channels.

Yes, it may happen that reading the binding table fails at the beginning. Nymea queries quite a lot by now when a node joins the network. For some it may take too long and they go to sleep before everything is read. Keeping devices awake by pressing buttons may help there.

You’ll need a OnOff cluster to bind that to a light (and LevelControl for dimming). You can’t bind a occupancy cluster to a lamp unless the lamp also has an occupancy cluster. Initially nymea even filtered away clusters that aren’t available on both end devices. Perhaps that would make sense to again with the exception for biding stuff to the coordinator (nymea).

Yes, I always try to keep them awake while joining and if possible.
So I tried to bind the indoor Hue motion sensor to a bulb without success using the on/off cluster.
As I guess that motion sensors use the occupancy sensing cluster as they are bound to the coordinator, lets see if there are any occupancy sensing capable bulbs, plugs or relais out there? Or if there is a motion sensor with working on/off cluster for binding?