Deconz Sensor does not show up in Nymea

Hi there!

I’m facing a problem with deconz, a simulated Hue Bridge and sensors like a Xiaomi Temperatur Sensor. If i reset a sensor like the xiaomi sensor and connect it to deconz it does not show up in nymea. Furthermore i have a Hue motion sensor thats acts in the same way. I’m sure no sensor will show up in nymea.
No sensor connected to deconz is visible in nmyea. Is there a trick or a known Bug for that?

Thanks so much!

Hi @david2482,
The issue here is that the hue plugin is actually made for a real hue bridge. I’m not even sure if the deconz hue emulation does even export those sensors in their emulation api.

The hue motion sensor should work though… Please enable the hue plugin logs and check if there’s some error (or paste them somehow)

Hi @david2482,

theoretically both should be supported and work for me here. In order to find out what the problem might be it would be helpful if you enable the debug logs for Zigbee, ZigbeeResource and ZigbeeNetwork, which should give us more insight what could go wrong. You can enable those in the debug interface and also read/copy the logs there.

If they show up during the pairing, we might not support a certain firmware version yet, if they don’t show up at all, something with the deconz network might go wrong.

Which deconz product are you using?

Oh, just understood you are not using zigbee native with nymea…forget what I said, or you could test the entire zigbee with nymea and deconz hardware.

Thanks for that fast reply! I would really love to use the internal zigbee functionality in nymea, but without alexa skill its actually not usefull for me.

I’m using deconz with conbee II - and here is the logfile from nymea:

Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “PHDL00”
Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “Motion sensor 12 state”
Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “Motion sensor 9 state”
Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “Motion sensor 12 state”
Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “lumi.sensor_ht”
Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “lumi.sensor_ht”
Jan 8 12:48:26 localhost nymead[1854]: I | PhilipsHue: Found unknown sensor: “Motion sensor 9 state”

ok, I see… so the deconz hue emulation does indeed export all those things which are not in the hue api spec.

For the Hue motion sensor (if it’s really a Hue one) IMO that’s a bug in deConz that it’s named “Motion sensor X state” instead of “SML00X” as it would be from a real hue bridge.

So what does that mean for nymea now… To be honest I’m hesitant to extend the existing hue plugin with all those deConz specific values as it seems that’s potentially a lot of stuff out of the Hue spec and I’d rather prefer the hue plugin to give the best experience with real hue bridges.

I would be open to have a new plugin specifically for this (or any other) deConz API. That would be a great addition to nymea I think. If anyone is up to create such a plugin I’d sure help with getting up and running. Perhaps a copy of the hue plugin with some minor tweaks would already suffice for a start. Do you have any development skills?

Thats sounds great! I‘m ready to help, but not in development - i‘m just a systemintegrator :slight_smile:

Maybe we can address also the following behavior. In my case, deconz and nymea runs in the same raspberry pi. If i just install both and reboot the rpi, both comes up, but nymea clears all lights and other things from deconz, because deconz is up, but the conbee is not ready. After some minutes the conbee is ready and the light and other things are visible in nymea - but!!! the rules are gone, because there is no cache or something else, that tells nymea to wait for the conbee.
What im doing, i autostart nymea with a 5 minute timer after boot. Maybe there is a better way with a deconz plugin.

Right. That’s definitely another outcome of the deConz emulation not behaving like the hue bridge. Instead it should still have all those devices but set the “reachable” property to false. Again, changing that in nymea would result in a worse experience with a real hue bridge. So this is another one that would need to be changed in a separate deconz plugin.

Well, truth to be told, such a deconz plugin should ideally use the actual deconz api, not its hue emulation layer.

1 Like

Peace of cake for a pro - i hope! :grinning: